Kachifo is the leading independent publisher in Nigeria with over 17 years of experience and more than 120 published titles. Authors on our list include Tendai Huchu, Akwaeke Emezi, Ben Okri, Nnedi Okorafor, Biyi Bandele, Lesley Nneka Arimah, and Ngugi wa Thiong’O.
The company started with the Farafina Magazine in 2002 as an attempt to insert the African viewpoint into the global discourse in response to African ideas and identities being defined outside the continent. The literary imprint, Farafina, took off in 2004 with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Purple Hibiscus and soon became the home of several other leading African authors.
As a platform for original thoughts and ideas coming out of Africa, our audiences trust us to highlight the best African stories and experiences.
Aside from the literary imprint, Farafina, Kachifo also houses a children’s book imprint (Tuuti), a genre fiction imprint (Breeze), a creative nonfiction imprint (Kamsi), a publishing services imprint (Prestige), and the Farafina Educational imprint.
We are looking for a book-loving digital marketing executive who will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining digital content as well as growing and managing our digital community. You will share content on our digital channels to raise brand awareness and monitor web traffic and social media metrics.
Our ideal candidate has demonstrable creative writing and communication skills and is able to develop engaging digital content for our target audience. We are eager to meet you if you are an expert in content optimization and if your professional experience includes social media, communications and PR.
As our digital marketing executive, you should be detail-oriented and perform well under deadlines. Let’s have a conversation if you are tech-savvy, have great customer service skills and think books are fun. Bonus points if you have the ability to moderate online conversations as you will be the voice of our brand and manage all digital community communications.
- Lead the development and implementation of overall digital and content marketing strategy in line with company short-term and long-term business goals.
- Create and ensure the timely distribution of relevant and engaging content across all digital platforms while ensuring brand consistency.
- Implement consistent keyword research and optimise content using SEO to ensure the growth of website traffic and higher website ranking.
- Set and implement digital marketing campaigns to align with marketing strategies.
- Organise events to build a digital community and boost brand awareness.
- Collect, measure, analyse and report data from digital marketing activities and campaigns as well as share insights with the team to develop optimization plans
- Liaise with Marketing and Editorial teams to stay updated on new titles, services and features.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop website content, style and layout.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Respond to customer inquiries across our digital platforms and report on feedback, complaints and reviews while ensuring general customer satisfaction.
- Manage digital advertising campaigns across board to improve brand awareness
- Lead the design of creatives and banners for digital channels as well as collaborate with the marketing team to improve customer experience.
- Conduct research on market trends, brand’s audiences and competitors, and end-to-end consumer journey to drive engagements and conversions
- Stay up-to-date on emerging digital tools and platforms, industry trends and developments, generate new ideas and share insights with the rest of the team.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a digital and content marketer with an excellent understanding of digital marketing best practices
- Excellent creative and content writing skills
- Hands-on experience with Google Workspace
- Experience with B2C social media, Google Adwords, email campaigns and SEO
- Knowledge of web analytics tools and ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Familiarity with social media and social media management for brands
- Knowledge of digital marketing and digital marketing channels
- Excellent taste in books
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Minimum of OND in Journalism, Marketing & Communications, English or any relevant field
To apply, send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Job Application: Digital Marketing Executive’. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date:27th January, 2023